Thought for the Week:
Here is an extract from Rev Grace Redpath’s sermon on Sunday February 9th, to guide our thoughts this week:
Jesus said, “Let me tell you why you are here – you’re here to be salt seasoning that brings out the God-flavours of this earth…Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colours in this world. God is not a secret to be kept.”
Matthew 5.13-14 The Message
- You may think that you are completely insignificant in this world.
- But someone drinks coffee from the favourite mug you gave them
- Someone heard a song on the radio that reminds them of you
- Someone read the book that you recommended and plunged headfirst into it
- Someone, who wondered what they might feed to their family this evening, finds a cooked meal on their doorstep
- Someone smiled after a hard day’s work, because they remembered the joke you told them
- Someone looks at the flowers you had delivered to them and is thankful for your kindness
- Someone loves and accepts themselves a little bit more, because you encouraged them; you gave them a compliment
Never think that you have no influence.
Your trace, the trace you leave behind with every good and kind deed, cannot be erased.
The Church is open daily. The formidable front door will yield as you turn the handle, and lights will come on as you enter, to welcome you.
There is level access for services, via the backdoor, through the gate at the left side of the Church.
St Andrew’s is part of the Diocese of Edinburgh within the Scottish Episcopal Church, which is itself part of the world-wide Anglican Communion
We are committed to exploring ways in which we can serve God both within our church families and in and around our local communities. We also play a full part in our town’s ecumenical ‘Churches Together’ groups, sharing occasional services and pieces of outreach work with the local Church of Scotland congregations, the Quakers and the Roman Catholics.
An introduction to the Scottish Episcopal Church
Find us on Facebook Click here:-
See what folk say about us on Trip Advisor
Website designed and maintained by Andrew Jordan of Magpie Image Ltd, Gloucester.
Updated 9 February 2020 by Margaret Addie email@example.com